Approved by the Prince Regint in 1813, the cross was awarded to Officers of field rank and above who had been recognised for their actions by the award of the Army Gold medals on four occasions.
Only 164 crosses, were awarded, 61 without clasp.
The arms of the cross have the four actions in raised lettering on both sides. If recommended for further actions a clasp could be awarded.
This example is finely cast in base metal and finished in 24ct gold. It comes complete with opening suspension bar and a length of ribbon.